You made it to the finish line of the UBUNTU UNITY CHALLENGE by choosing a little HUMILITY, and we couldn’t be more proud of ya for showing up all the way ’til the end of the challenge! We started this journey by choosing COURAGE together, a reminder that we are equipped for this work of unity. And we are wrapping up the month by practicing HUMILITY, our gentle nudge to continue becoming the invitation that welcomes others into a reimagined, whole society. On the surface, this week’s DARE might have seemed a bit easier than week’s past, but once you dig in, you may have discovered… it can be quite the challenge to set aside pride and be the first to initiate a conversation that builds a bridge between two different terrains.
What did you think? Was choosing HUMILITY easier or harder than you expected? We’d love to hear how DARE #4 went for you – where you ran into hiccups and where you got to celebrate some breakthrough!
Here are a few prompts to get our discussion going:
- How was your experience of reaching out to the other person to build a bridge?
- Did anything come up for you in the conversation or when writing and sending the letter (ex: embarrassment, freedom, discomfort, etc.)?
- What did you learn during this exercise that will help you to continue reimagining unity in future conversations and interactions?
A few quick community guidelines to create a safe space for all of us to show up, be seen, and share openly here:
- Differing perspectives and opinions are welcomed in this space (the more diverse our experiences and backgrounds, the better)! We will focus on voicing OUR OWN perspectives, without shaming or devaluing the expressed opinions of others.
- This is a platform that affirms the inherent dignity of every human life. Our comments will never demean an individual or an entire group of people.
- We are here to share our ideas and learn from each other so that we can help our nation heal and remember our shared humanity. We are not showing up with the goal of drilling home our point or winning a debate.
- These discussions are a place to have fun, gain fresh perspective, and connect with other people. We show up with a willingness and commitment to take up space in such a way that all three are possible for all who gather here.
If you’ve stumbled on this discussion page and are interested in joining us for the UBUNTU UNITY CHALLENGE, there’s still time to join the crew! Just head on over to the UBUNTU UNITY CHALLENGE info page, enter your name and email, and click “I’m up for the Challenge!”
Leave a comment. What'd you think?