You picked up the master key this week and you continued unlocking our nation’s capacity for unity by reawakening CURIOSITY. Wonder and imagination can be a whole lot of fun, but they can also push us outside of our comfort zones and into unfamiliar territory. You didn’t shy away though! You accepted the challenge and dared to ask the hard questions so you could learn from someone you don’t necessarily agree with… hey, you might even strongly and actively disagree with them. But, you chose to lean into your CURIOSITY this week and approach a conversation with intent to know a friend in a new way, maybe even build a bridge and learn something new. How painful and beautiful was it? We’d love to hear how DARE #3 went for you – the moments where you were celebrating being in this challenge and the ones where you maybe cursed at us a bit (it’s alright, we know, and we forgive ya!).
Here are a few prompts to get our discussion going:
- Did you notice yourself tensing or activating at any point in the conversation? What tricks did you use to redirect yourself when you noticed yourself escalating?
- How did your friend respond when you showed up to the conversation by simply asking questions?
- How did approaching the conversation with CURIOSITY shift your ability to accept, see, or learn from your friend, if at all?
A few quick community guidelines to create a safe space for all of us to show up, be seen, and share openly here:
- Differing perspectives and opinions are welcomed in this space (the more diverse our experiences and backgrounds, the better)! We will focus on voicing OUR OWN perspectives, without shaming or devaluing the expressed opinions of others.
- This is a platform that affirms the inherent dignity of every human life. Our comments will never demean an individual or an entire group of people.
- We are here to share our ideas and learn from each other so that we can help our nation heal and remember our shared humanity. We are not showing up with the goal of drilling home our point or winning a debate.
- These discussions are a place to have fun, gain fresh perspective, and connect with other people. We show up with a willingness and commitment to take up space in such a way that all three are possible for all who gather here.
If you’ve stumbled on this discussion page and are interested in joining us for the UBUNTU UNITY CHALLENGE, there’s still time to join the crew! Just head on over to the UBUNTU UNITY CHALLENGE info page, enter your name and email, and click “I’m up for the Challenge!”